NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chef Cuisinier Jeremy

I had a visit from Jeremy, an old friend of mine. We met in Brown Sugar when I was helping out a friend for an event.  I remember Jeremy was really interested in cooking and becoming a chef but like most Singaporean kids, peer pressure and the lack of support n understanding from the family ultimately forces them into another career path.
I remember knocking off work, Jeremy n I shared a cab, I was heading home, he was heading to his rugby training. In the cab, he asked me tons of questions bout cooking.  I knew he was facing this difficult choice of weather to pursue his love for cooking or a University degree..... that was years back.
We kept in touch here n there. He's kept his promise to his family by completing his degree n he's also on his spare time kept working on his cooking skills.
He finally came to eat at my restaurant-honestly I wudden call it a restaurant, to celebrate his 6 months anniversary with his girlfriend. I cooked them a couple of dishes, he was well pleased. Did a write-up on his blog - bforbolognaise.blogspot.com , calls me the Ninja Chef- I don't know why... I read up on couple of his posts n only then did I realised that he's been keeping himself really busy besides attending Uni.
He makes macarons n ice cream on his spare time n also teaches cooking at Totts, the new Sia Huat outlet in Bukit Timah. I called Jeremy, thank him for putting me on his blog and also ordered some of his macarons to try. Woah....addictive...very addictive.  I was planning to feature them as my dessert at the restaurant but I ended up eating almost half of them. I still have a couple more to spare, so this week's feature r Jeremy's hard toiled Macarons. To make them as perfect looking as they are in a commercial bakery is hard enough but to make them at home....now that's an achievement.
So, come on down, try them yourself, and if you think they're as addictive as I do...... you can order them at www.oooh-jam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment