NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Monday, October 25, 2010

FROM DAWN TIL DUSK

SETTING UP..TEN YEAR OLD POTS N PANS PREVIOUSLY USED ONLY FOR FISH N CHICKEN PORRIDGE FOR MY YOUNG ONE.

menu in the making
food tasting ...razor clams

yellow carrots.....they taste so sweet...I cooked these in water, smoked bacon slab and kombu.
scaling sardines...my wife helped me out with these things.  She can butterfly the fish without using a knife. If you've gutted the fish, hold its head firmly with two fingers gently holding on to its spine bone, slowly pull down towards its belly, you'll be able to pull off the entire back bone without damaging much of the flesh....takes a little practice.
mis-en-plus for the day
first thing i saw when I got in the kitchen
pickles- buchot mussels, shallots, cucumber, red pepper...mmmmm
delivery...I remember these things when I was a stage in france..I was standing in the fish station and of course there were lots of seafood to clean n fillet and all done early in the morning at 6am in the middle of winter...the fishes came in ice packed boxes....frost bite


No comments:

Post a Comment