NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not feelin blue

Friendships have been lost because of these chairs...
When the chairs were delivered, I saw them, I hated them...they reminded me of the leotards my mom use to wear back in the 80s..really bad imitation of suede. Damn things were two toned...and they weren't a pretty sight. They were sitting on the top shelf at the show room when I saw them.blue was the odd one amongst all the bent wood replicas I saw n just to give eu an alternative to the woodchairs that I liked I snapped a picture of blue n mms her cus I remember hearing her say that comfort should be considered when selecting our chair. Gave in to her request n got blue. I ordered the blue chair, 12 pieces in total n since they arrived, I've not slept a wink. So much for preaching bout artisan products, posting pictures of bent wood chairs and all. If u read my blog you'd expect to walk into a place that slightly resembles St John of London or El Cellar De Ca Rocca, or have u seen the wood beam ceilings at Noma? Maybe u have, maybe u haven. I certainly have - on Flickr. But no! U open the door to B Bakery and wat u see? BLue freaking upholstered chairs! Just to set the record straight- NOT ME.
I called up mr chair suppier the next morning. Told him the chairs were wrong. He gave me one option-reupholstering the chairs (winsor crossed stitch Dads advice)for 60 bucks a piece. I gave him my option as well - take the chairs back at 50% less. There was a sparkle in his eye. And I knew at that very moment I just got burned-as always.
So here my apologies to those who came n was expecting decent looking furniture n here's an apology to those who's to come. freaking blue- Ally Cats much loved color.

No comments:

Post a Comment