NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Saturday, October 16, 2010

REVISED MENU

Initially I was gonna use the yellow carrots n golden baby beets to accompany the main courses but was told at the very last minute that they were not coming in by miss supplier..Also the Albacore tuna had a minimum weight of 12kg and they were pretty expensive. I had planned for a 6kg fish and since I didn't know wat kinda numbers to expect for the first week, I swapped the tuna for Sea Bass. Minor changes here and there but should be all good.  The ingredients will be flying in coming Monday and I'm eager to see how good they are.  I've used the sardines before (Brittany). They are rich in oils and really good grilled simply.  My wife is a big fan of it but she claims that the brittany sardines were no superior than the medina(philippines) sardines.  They ate this dish every other day I swear when I was there. The call it Kinilaw-pickled sardines. Quite good.  I haven't yet decided how to prepare the sardines. Was thinking serving both ways, grilled n pickled. Then again...I never really know till the very last minute. The cooks that worked with me always thought that this was a big problem I had.  I've got a thousand n one ideas for everything you see... and its not indecisiveness.  There's always something you can improve or change...for better or worst....n you never know till the moment you lay that thing on the white canvas. Most of the time it's white. (I hate gold rims)
The fish bone powder..now that's something I've never tried before. I know I'm getting in some seabass. I know I'm gonna fillet 6 kilos of it. and there's gonna be some bones and heads left over after making some stock...prob to be used in the clam/mussel veloute I'm serving. The idea popped into my head the instant I taught about the bones...Deep fry the suckers including the heads in low temperature oil, see what becomes of them..if its nice, I'll grind them n make them into powder...to be served with the bass..Brilliant? Can anybody tell me if they've done this before...can share your experience? is there something I can add, something that I can use to make it a good experience for me? a different technique?   Sosa...texturas
Comments pls.
Its 4am now and I got to get up at 8...some frens are bringing their own lobsters in.  I'm cooking Lobsters for Sunday Brunch. I'll get a bite of it here n there when I'm splitting them in half when they come out of the oven....n of course not forgetting the juices on the chopping board. I'll scrape them into my sauce pot,   add a touch of milk, some coral, little (only little) lecite and I've got bubbles!! My kids gonna be around as well.  Ciao!!


MENU
3 COURSE SET MENU FOR $50
2 COURSE SET MENU FOR $40


STARTER

BRITTANY SARDINE | BONITO JELLY| BUCHOT MUSSELS| RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
$18.00

OR

CLAM CHOWDER| BUCHOT MUSSELS| GALIC PARSLEY BREAD CRUMB GARNITURE| EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
$18

OR 

GIROLLE MUSHROOM| MICRO MACHE| GUANCIALE|  LEMON
POWDER| BUFFALO MOZZARELLA| BALSAMIC BUBBLES
$18.00

MAIN COURSE

48HR BRAISE SHORTRIB| PICKLED CAULIFLOWER| DIFFERENT TOMATOES| MILK FOAM| YOGURT| DEHYDRATED PINK PEPPERCORN
$28.00

OR

FRENCH SEA BASS | PONZU| LEMON HOLLANDAISE| PICKLED GINGER| ARTICHOKE| FISH BONE POWDER| SMOKED SALT
$28.00


DESSERT

BLACK FIGS| MALT POWDER| VANILLA PANNA COTTA| TAPIOCA PEARLS
$15.00

No comments:

Post a Comment