NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"CHA KIA" CHINESE CLOGS

went shopping for refills for my siphon the other day n was looking for a parking spot for Tris. Came upon these clogs which brings back tons of memories. I lived wit my great grandma at balestier rd for awhile when I was just a toddler like Tris. Wat I remember most about my Grandma was that she wud take me to the hawker center downstairs for milk tea everymorning..I remember the ritual of drinking tea from her. She wud order the usual soft boiled eggs with her tea n the way she drank it ..she wud pour her into the saucer that came wit the cup n she wud slurp her tea that way. n then she'd crank her eggs n slurp it just like she wud her tea, and she'd finish off by pouring the remaining tea into the saucer cleaning off the egg bits that remained. til this day, this is how I'd have my tea n egg breakfast. :-) I like going to Keong Siak, the corner coffee shop just across from Ember ..I 've never eaten at Ember though. The other thing that brought back memories of Great GrandMa was the chinese clogs she used to wear. We had this big flower pot in the bathroom n it had this dragon flying around it n this is where we drew water from for our baths. Those clogs I remember cuz I wud put them on n had my bath wit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment