NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Sunday, November 14, 2010

misenplus

some pictures I captured yesterday while doing prep....

white anchovies...served with pickled spanish peppers for amuse


these lovely cherry toms came in last saturday, delivered to my home..they are so good as is...still don't know what to do with them...was thinking a vegetable of sorts to compliment them...or just the jelly like pulp would be nice...was working with chef moreno from OSO once and alls he did was serve the pulp with a dory or was it a sole?? can't remember exactly but was good enough for me. Gunther would just throw these in the oven n leave them there all day..results in a sweeter product like you would raisins..you dont have to do too much to a good thing.

balsamic jelly...in it I put a piece of guanciale, lemon peel, orange peel, fresh bay leaf, muscovado
the smell was sensational

i don't waste a single thing n I love pickles...not on its own but as a compliment. I like a sharpe note in all my dishes...hence...the kombu from the dashi stock, sliced, rice wine vinegar, soy, seasame seeds to toss before serving n I'm in business

lasagna aubergine beurre noisette, can be improved, first attempt
mash potato, again guanciale, bit of garlic (david mollicone), thanks chef
manjari soil for the foie, portioned polenta cubes, and ground up dehydrated pink pepper corns in brine...one of my must have things for seasoning n also dehydrated pommery mustard,


 pear comice...buttery sweet
Pickles bloody everything

I hope the pictures wet your appetite a little bit..also this weeks menu. Hope to see some of you..Something I find rather amusing...I've got 700 hits so far ya...bout 50 views yesterday, and only Ms Viola attempted the contest?? What is going on with this world!!! Nobody leaves the house anymore??

No comments:

Post a Comment