NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

PLAYING WITH MY BABY

so the business times write up  has come n gone..phone's been ringing steadily..not really anticipating much from it though. was the busiest monday for me...think it was 14 pax n I was struggling to put the food out in a timely manner. It was not easy. I remember hearing Tom Colicchio say this: "I'm constantly revamping my dishes. What I ask myself most is; what can I remove from this plate".
Hmmmm...wonder if he was encountering the same problem as I did. I try to minimize my dishes to 3 at most 4 ingredients but that only last on paper...then, there are a thousand n one things in front of me that I just can't resist when I'm dishing out.  
I've put in my orders for next week. Actually they'll be here on time for sunday brunch. Got some sea whelks n Lemon Sole from France n of course my favorite..Brittany Sardines.
Last night after dinner service, my wife n I cleaned had stayed behind n clean up the entire kitchen..actually not counting the sitting area, we had pretty much done the entire cafe. You see...the arrangement that I have is quite a strange one. I basically have to set up an entire cooking space for myself every night before starting service. and I really mean an entire cooking space...stove tops, burner, everything. N after dinner service...I have to dismantle everything n tuck it away neatly so that it does not get in anybody's way. Quite an arrangement. I must be CRAZY.
Tris..A.K.A KILLERBABE

found this neat little diary in my Dad's study room
The year I was born....




No comments:

Post a Comment