NEXT DESTINATION UNKNOWN

LOOKOUT FOR NEXT LOCATION

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

yesterdays menu

Gosh...I've been so sleep deprived, not that mines a multi million dollar empire that I own but some energy required for accounting for the books. Just in case some of you missed out on the first few posts, I am an accounting student at Uni.  The cooking only came later when I couldn't land a job as an accountant and plus, I wasn't too good a student at that. This was yesterday's menu and I had lovely guest...thanks Sandra n company for coming by even though you forgot about your reservation until we called you...nevertheless, thanks. Hope you enjoyed your meal n come back soon.
Oh yah...been meaning to reply to your comment Viola....I wrote this lengthy reply but only found out that the contents were too huge for upload...I'll get back to you as soon as n try to clear up some of your concerns n hope that you'll come back for another brunch..We are kind of an low budget enterprise...I think with lest overheads...less headaches...i'm able to keep providing exceptional high quality ingredients at lower cost for my customers. Some will find the charm in us as an imperfect husband n wife team...some will find it horrendous n will never ever again return...those I really don't care for...there are people like me who ever so once in while stumble upon an eccentric place with funny characters in them n I find that I've discovered some what of a gem...Places like these often times don't look so common and regular at the surface, its only when you've looked thru all the unnecessary details that you get to the soul of the whole purpose.  Why B bakery has survived for the last seven years despite it having flaws in every aspect of an F & B establishment mainly has to do with the Owner Eu, being there every morning kneading the bread and getting them ready for her customers come lunch time...n eventhough on certain days, the bread might turn out silly looking, the people who are regulars there know that she put her heart behind every loaf of bread that comes out of the oven.  That, my friend is something that new comers don't see...some are only concern about the outlook of the place, the efficiency of the wait staff n how well they know their menus...etc etc...if you've only given a crumpy looking place n perhaps had a chat with the people there, you might sometimes find that there is a soul inside the kitchen that toils non-stop for her customers.
That cod collar that you had my lovely Viola...I doubt you've had it anywhere here in Singapore...That Black fig dessert that was the only dessert on my menu (so sorry to disappoint you), my dear...cost 25.00 a kilo, and you got 200g of it all fresh n juicy, plus the vanilla bean that went into the panna cotta, 140 a kilo. With most restaurant capping their food cost 25-30%, I'd say that only dessert on my menu was well worth every penny. So instead of scrutinizing my lovely assistant wife who had bullets firing at her, I think we were full that day...n complaining that the menu wasn't structured in the very regular way like most restaurants, maybe you should take the time to appreciate the cod for what it is, the crustiness of the skin, the juices that was still retained because of the execution of the cooking, the aroma that was to be yuzu and most importantly...your food was hot hot hot.  As for your frenchy Faux whatever you call it...I was given instruction by my lovely clueless wife that you'd be sharing your food...thus your partners dish only came after yours...I'd say it was dead on. But I will acknowledge that the service was floppy n that I looked like shit because I was started prepping late at night cus the cod that you had only arrived the day before brunch...n my printer had ran out of ink when it was like 7 in the morning when I got home n thus, had no choice but had to hand write the menu. but ya...thanks for stopping by and thanks for your observations and maybe give us some time n you'll return for another sunday brunch sometime in the future...maybe by then, my clueless assistant would have acquired a thick french accent that I might start n flawless wait skills, n maybe by then, I'd become so busy that I might need to hire a dishwasher or buy a dishwashing machine...



5 course set @50.00

fin de cliare| mayonaise| ikura| ponzu

vegtables| honey| lemon| yogurt

sardines| parsley| garlic| balsamic

lamb| ferry rings| girolles| carrot

fig| chanty| malt| red wine bubbles

No comments:

Post a Comment